CoolSculpting is an FDA-cleared procedure that freezes fat, while liposuction removes fat with a vacuum. Each procedure has its positives and negatives, but both can help you reach your goals. CoolSculpting is the easiest, most comfortable way to reduce problem areas of stubborn fat.
The treatment uses cold temperatures to freeze the fat cells for up to two years without harming any other tissue in the body. On the other hand, liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure that removes excess fat by sucking it out with a vacuum-like device through tiny incisions in the skin. You will learn from the following details about the massive difference between these two procedures, the best option for your needs, and the coolsculpting cost.
The Difference Between CoolSculpting and Liposuction
- There are some things more distressing than being overweight or obese. Millions of people try to lose weight using many different diet and exercise plans, but few succeed. In some cases, diet and exercise aren’t enough. For many people, liposuction is the answer they’ve been looking for. The trouble is that most people don’t know the difference between liposuction and cool sculpting and even select the wrong option for their particular needs or body type.
- CoolSculpting works by freezing fat cells in the area you want to improve upon. The procedure is done in sessions over a few months. The fat cells shrink and eventually die as it freezes the fat, leaving behind perfectly shaped and toned muscle. The best part is because this treatment is non-invasive and relatively painless, people have fewer problems with recovery than with liposuction.
- The procedure itself is simple and requires little recovery time. During the first session, you will select the area you want to treat. Your practitioner will then mark the area and cover it with a unique applicator. They will then turn on the machine. It is when you’ll feel a slight pinch as the applicator begins to freeze your fat cells.
- After about an hour, your session will be complete, and your practitioner will remove the applicator from your skin. The area will redo this procedure again in three weeks. After the third session, you’ll need to wait a whole month before the fat cells are completely dead.
- The most significant advantage of coolsculpting is that the procedure is noninvasive. You don’t have to go into surgery or be put under anesthesia. The applicator contains very little energy, and it doesn’t cause any damage to your body or leave any scars.
- Liposuction is a surgical method that removes fat using suction and a vacuum-like device. Your surgeon will make a small incision in your skin during the surgery and insert the tube and suction machine. The fat is removed from your body via the tube, leaving you with smoother, more toned muscles.
Many people think that liposuction must be painful and cause scars. It isn’t necessarily true. Some people have a good amount of pain during this procedure. But if you go to a reputable surgeon who knows what they are doing, you can avoid the pain entirely. It will be very beneficial once you understand the difference between CoolSculpting and Liposuction.