[…] Alinsky tactics were designed most importantly to make bourgeois society live up to its core values. This it could do because conservatives actually do have values. The left, however, has none, only tactics. The left stands for no specific moral virtues which are based on self-restraint and personal responsibility. Nothing the left ever seeks can be found, for example, in The Ten Commandments. Charity is a Judeo-Christian virtue, not a socialist virtue. Socialism seeks redistribution instead, which is theft and plunder, but pretends it is doing so in the name of equity and justice. It has no clue how to create value, nor does it have a set of values to base one’s life.
An Alinsky tactic is to lie on behalf of some socialist enterprise. The left should have this meaning of Alinsky tied to every pore of its misbegotten philosophy of hatred and destruction.
Economics Professor Steve Kates has got it right here, the media’s antagonistic reporting shows them up for what they have become, Alinsky-ites themselves. He also refers to this statement:
[…] This is from Steve Hayward at Powerline, The Alinksy Way of Governing. There he wrote:
My School of Public Policy colleague (and top statewide GOP vote-getter in California last November) Pete Peterson has a nice piece in today’s Wall Street Journal on “The Alinsky Way of Governing” that details the degrading effect Alinskyist politics is having on today’s generation of liberals. (Keep in mind that Hillary Clinton wrote her senior thesis at Wellesley on the greatness of Alinsky.)
Read it all at Catallaxy Files.
The media’s recent attacks on Tony Abbott, Prime Minister have not let up since before he became prime Minister. Even Alinsky would be baffled by these outbursts, made before the last election:
- George Megalogenis, 29 Sept 2012: Abbott doesn’t want to look at the bigger picture
- Dennis Atkins, 15 Sept 2012: Abbott needs his old candour back
- Peter van Onselen: Is Tony a one-trick pony?
- Dennis Atkins, 25 August 2012: Rhetoric rides unbridled as Tony Abbott is obsessed with polls
- Lenore Taylor: Lack of carnage Abbott’s inconvenient fiscal truth
- Laurie Oakes, 25 August 2012: Have you heard the one about the politician who lies?
- Michelle Grattan, 24 August 2012: Is Abbott on thin ice? Absolutely
- Laura Tingle, 24 August 2012: Move forward – there’s no going back
- David Penberthy, 24 August 2012: Abbott mines a rich vein of rank opportunism
- Phillip Coorey: Abbott having it both ways on BHP
- Leigh Sales interview with Tony Abbott, 22 August 2012
- Mark Latham, 16 August 2012: Media double standard giving Abbott a free ride
- Jon Faine, 14 August 2012: Nauru processing ‘good policy’ says Tony Abbott
- Ad Astra, 13 August 2012: Journalists awake! You know Tony Abbott is conning you
- Dennis Atkins, 11 August 2012: It’s game on for Gillard holding the deck
- Tim Dunlop, 9 August 2012: If Tony Abbott didn’t exist, the media would have to invent him
- GrogsGamut / Greg Jericho, 1 Feb 2012: The analysis void in political journalism
- Paul Kelly, 9 November 2011: Super backflip breaks dam for Abbott
- Laurie Oakes, 5 November 2011: Mining tax has exposed Abbott
- Laura Tingle, 28 October 2011: Labor hopeless, Abbott a hollow man
- Drag0nista, 23 October 2011: Is the tide turning for Tony Abbott?
- Lenore Taylor, 21 October 2011: Ignore all facts and just run with the bluster
- Andrew Probyn, 21 October 2011: Future not so simple for Abbott
- Shaun Carney, 21 October 2011: Blood oath reality is taking Abbott out of comfort zone
- Annabel Crabb, 26 July 2011:Freed from facts Abbott goes ballooning
- Lainie Anderson: 17 July 2011: Lying is bad, distorting the truth is even worse
- Bernard Keane, 9 March 2011: Tony Abbott debates Tony Abbott on climate change
- GrogsGamut/Greg Jericho, 18 May 2010: Because his lips are moving
- GrogsGamut/Greg Jericho, 7 January 2010: Abbott makes life easy for Rudd
- GrogsGamut/Greg Jericho, 10 December 2009: Tony Abbott gets it wrong
I guess the media are all disciples of Saul Alinsky:
Update, Professor Sloan has also covered the Alinsky agenda this week: Salem witch-hunts Part II: Alinsky style