The Green Labor left are in denial about the mess Australia’s finances are in.
|From the commission of audit’s report:|
Steve Kates has it worked out, this is what the socialist ‘progressivism’ of the last 7 years has given us: The selfish generation
I have already had one go at this book, When the Money Runs Out: The End of Western Affluence, and now I’m going to have another. I have a post at Quadrant Online about the book which focuses on one element in his solutions chapter, the culpability of my baby boomer generation for the problems of the world today. You can read the whole article at this link, but let me fix on just one part of what I wrote:
Here are his thoughts about how to deal with this baby boomer generation for whom he has a name of his own.
“One answer would simply be to wait for the selfish generation to expire. By that stage, however, the damage may have been done: their gains will have been the rest of society’s losses.” [My bolding]
A reminder from June 2013 and earlier:
Look how easy it is for voters to be conned. Ideology once again rears it’s ugly head. Recycled Rudd has caused the political demise of a host of former ministers and a Prime Minister, even if the latter was so deserved. I note both Abbott and former PM Howard also liked the term ‘recycled Rudd’, perhaps they read this blog.
A goodly number of political staffers have also lost their jobs now and at the next election, when many Gillard Ministers retire from Parliament because of their hatred for Rudd.
Dysfunction’s latest salesman
The poor, dim voters lacked the intelligence to recognise deficits, deceit and dismal failure as a record of achievement, or so Labor is telling itself. Now comes Kevin Rudd to hawk the same bill of goods
Never to forget these competent incompetents …
Labor Lemons, from 2008 to the middle of 2011 there were 50 fails! Failures of both Rudd’s and Gillard’s. Since then there have been too many to document.
How many have been in the pocket of other corrupt figures like O’beid and MacDonald too, or beholden to corrupt unions and organizers, Part 5. First 4 at bottom of post.
Posted on August 6, 2011
Gillard/Swan/Rudd Top 50 Lemons (now just the tip of the iceberg)
1. Carbon Tax – “There will be no carbon tax under the Government I lead.”
2. NBN – $50 billion but no cost-benefit analysis
3. Building the Education Revolution – The school halls fiasco
4. Home Insulation Plan (Pink Batts) – Dumped
5. Citizens Assembly – Dumped
6. Cash for Clunkers – Dumped
7. Hospital Reform – Nothing
8. Digital set-top boxes – Cheaper at Harvey Norman
9. Emissions Trading Scheme – Abandoned
10. Mining Tax – Continuing uncertainty for our miners as version 1 morphs into version 2 – and what other mad scheme could emerge
11. Livestock export ban to Indonesia – Over-reaction
12. Detention Centres – Riots & cost blow-outs – hunger strikes – professional self-harming – Millions of dollars of compensation claims in the courts – driven by taxpayer funded lawyers.
13. East Timor ‘solution’ – Announced before agreed – never went anywhere
14. Malaysia ‘solution’ – STUFF ME – JUST GOT SIGNED & WHAT A JOKE IT IS – who dreamt this up – we send back 800 and get 4,000 in return – only GreenLabor could agree to this.
15. Manus Island ‘solution’ – On the backburner
16. Computers in Schools – $1.4 billion blow out; less than half delivered
17. Cutting Red Tape – 12,835 new regulations, only 58 repealed
18. Asia Pacific Community – Another expensive Rudd frolic. Going nowhere
19. Green Loans Program – Abandoned. Only 3.5% of promised loans delivered
20. Solar Homes & Communities plan – Shut down after $534 million blow out
21. Green Car Innovation Fund – Abandoned
22. Solar Credits Scheme – Scaled back
23. Green Start Program – Scrapped
24. Retooling for Climate Change Program – Abolished
25. Childcare Centres – Abandoned. 260 promised, only 38 delivered
26. Take a “meat axe”‘ to the Public Service – 24,000 more public servants and growing!
27. Murray Darling Basin Plan – back to the drawing board after a wet 2010
28. 2020 Summit – Meaningless talkfest
29. Tax Summit – Deferred and downgraded
30. Population Policy – Sets no targets
31. Fuel Watch – Abandoned
32. Grocery Choice – Abandoned
33. $900 Stimulus cheques – Sent to dead people and overseas residents
34. Foreign Policy – In turmoil with Rudd running riot
35. National Schools Solar Program – Closing two years early
36. Solar Hot Water Rebate – Abandoned
37. Oceanic Viking – Caved in – big win for taxpayer funded “Asylum-seeker Industry”
38. GP Super Clinics – 64 promised, only 11 operational
39. Defence Family Healthcare Clinics – 12 promised, none delivered
40. Trade Training Centres – 2650 promised, 70 operational
41. Bid for UN Security Council seat – An expensive Rudd frolic
42. My School Website – Revamped but problems continue
43. National Curriculum – States in uproar
44. Small Business Superannuation Clearing House – 99% of small businesses reject it
45. Indigenous Housing Program – way behind schedule – tangled in Govt red tape.
46. Rudd Bank – Went nowhere
47. Using cheap Chinese fabrics for ADF uniforms – Could not spell – ditched
48. Innovation Ambassadors Program – junked
49. Six Submarines – none operational – too noisy when they do sortie – cost $6Bn – The Hon Kim Beazley, AC was the genius Defence Minister I seem to recall.
50. Debt limit to be increased to $250 billion – to pay for all of the above and much more by us and our grandchildren