Global warming in Antarctica happened a long time ago. In 1934 to be exact, in May and June at the beginning of winter, unless someone sat on the thermometer:
- “HEAT WAVE” IN ANTARCTICA 25 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO Little America, June 5.
- Western Argus (Kalgoorlie, WA : 1916 – 1938) Tuesday 12 June 1934 p 29 Article
- … “HEAT WAVE” IN ANTARCTICA 25 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO Little America, June 5. This polar community has entered upon the fourteenth day of what, for the want of a better equivalent, might be called “the hottest winter heat wave in the memory of the oldest inhabitants.” At. 8 o’clock -this morning the … 121 words
- National Library of Australia
- Earlier in the season:
- ANTARCTIC HEAT-WAVE UNSEASONABLE THAW. NEW YORK, December 18.
- The Mercury (Hobart, Tas. : 1860 – 1954) Thursday 20 December 1934 p 7 Article National Library of Australia