Surprise, surprise: UPDATE39: 10:09AM 2/23 Junkscience reports: Breaking: EPA scrubs web site of Gleick grants?
Gleick’s grants from EPA get Stalinized from the EPA Grants Database.
When any criminal enterprise or activity takes place, motives are always necessary. So here we have it, motives, and attempts that are made to cover up or hide.
Here’s the timeline:
- Yesterday at 11:41 am we reported that EPA has awarded Peter Glieck’s Pacific Institute $468,000 in grants.
- Later in the afternoon, the National Center for Public Policy Research issued a media release calling for Congressional hearings into the EPA grants to Gleick.
- Today, a JunkScience.com commenter Brian Carter reported that the links in our original post didn’t work.
- We confirmed Carter’s observation around 12:30pm today.
Fortunately, we saved a PDF file of one of the EPA grants to Gleick. So unless JunkScience.com gets Stalinized…
- The EPA web pages documenting the $25,000 grants.
- A list of EPA’s grants to nonprofits that omits mention of Gleick’s Pacific Institute.
- Click for a search of EPA’s Grants Database that returns no results for Pacific Institute.
FAKEGATE UPDATE: FBI called in over climate change mole. “The Chicago-based free market Heartland Institute has called in the FBI and threatened other legal action against a global warming proponent who has admitted stealing emails from the institute in a bid to embarrass and discredit the group’s questioning of climate change.” How’s that workin’ out for ya, Peter?
To put the $26.1 million in context, compare the funding for the Heartland Institute, about which one critic stated, “That the Heartland Institute is effectively acting as a front group for big oil and energy, raising money from companies which are threatened by climate policies, so that it can essentially do their dirty work in undermining legislation that threatens their corporate bottom line.” Heartland received a grand total of $676,500 from Exxon between 1998-2006 and $200,000 from the Koch Foundation in 2011. If that amount makes Heartland a “front group for big oil and energy,” what does $26 million it make the Sierra Club for natural gas?
That’s different. We know their hearts are pure, no matter what our lying eyes say.
- The rest of the updates seen here: Continue reading →